Rionore of Kilkenny (trading as Rionore) Data Protection Policy
Data Protection is about your fundamental right to privacy and your right to access and correct data about
The information below outlines Rionore of Kilkenny (trading as Rionore)’s policy to help ensure that we
comply with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 that govern the collection, processing, retention, use and
disclosure of information relating to individuals.
Data Protection Principles
Rionore of Kilkenny (trading as Rionore) shall perform its responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts in accordance with eight Data
Protection principles. They are:
1. Obtain and process information fairly
2. Keep it only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes
3. Use and disclose data only in ways compatible with these purposes
4. Keep data safe and secure
5. Keep data accurate, complete and up-to-date
6. Ensure that data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
7. Retain data for no longer than necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is acquired.
8. Give a copy of his/ her personal data to the relevant individual, on request.
Rionore of Kilkenny (trading as Rionore) requires all employees to comply with the Data Protection
Policy. Failure to do so, e.g. unauthorised, inappropriate or excessive disclosure of or obtaining information
about individuals, will be regarded as a breach of this policy and will be dealt with in accordance with Rionore
of Kilkenny (trading as Rionore)’s Disciplinary Policy. If an employee is in a position to deal with
personal information about other employees, he or she will be given separate guidance on his or her
obligations, and must ask if he or she is unsure.
We collect and use information to provide the following services:
An online store for the sale of various goods.
Website services in connection with the services of Rionore of Kilkenny (trading as Rionore)
To enhance or improve your experience on our website.
To provide you with online services. Each service has different information requirements.
To establish and maintain archives and libraries containing materials relevant to the services of Rionore of
Kilkenny (trading as Rionore)